Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do you service areas outside of Jackson County?
A: Yes, we will serve Calhoun, Ingham, Lenawee, Livingston, Branch and Washtenaw Counties.

Q: Should I go with Standard, Rush or Priority Service?
A: Generally, If you need your service completed within 2 days we recommend Rush service.
All other services will be considered Routine, and can sometimes take 5 days, or more to complete. (Depending on the difficulty of service, and the Process Server’s overall workload for that week.)

Q: How many attempts do you make?
A: Unlimited attempts until served. Or, until we determine we have an incorrect address.
(Defendant moved, address typo, etc.)

Q: What happens if I provide you with a wrong, or incorrect service address?
A: We will attempt whatever address you give us, if it is incorrect, we will conduct a postal check to attempt to find the correct address at no charge. According to Michigan Statute, you will be billed $10.00 plus mileage for the bad address.

Q: Can your Investigator find an address for my Defendant, or Witness?
A: Our Skip Tracing department is very good. We cannot promise results every time, but every attempt will
be made to locate your Defendant, or Witness.

Q: How do you notify me when the service is complete?
A: Normally, unless other wise specified, we will file the “Proof of Service” with the issuing court, and mail a copy of the “Proof of Service” back to you with our invoice for service. We will notify you via phone when service is complete upon request.

Q: Do I need a “Notarized” Proof of Service/Affidavit?
A: All papers served by General Process servers are Notarized at no charge to you.

Q: Can I come to your office, and drop-off my paperwork?
A: Yes, we are located at 403 S. Jackson St., Jackson, MI 49201 We are located right across from the 12th District Court. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00pm. If the office is closed, we have a secure mailbox available for you to drop your papers in.

Q: Could you bill me, or my company after the service is complete?
A: Yes, we will send you a copy of the “Proof of Service” along with you invoice at the
completion of service.

Q: Can I give you my credit card payment information over the phone?
A: Yes, we are equipped to accept credit card payments over the phone.